Welcome, School Nurse!
Thank you for your interest in Spine Check—your comprehensive resource for information on scoliosis screenings.
Spine Check, an educational collaboration of the Scoliosis Research Society and Medtronic, is designed to give you the tools you need to either conduct in-school screenings of your own or provide valuable scoliosis information to your students and parents.
The kit includes:
- A video on how to perform the Adam's Forward Bend Test, usable for training your staff/volunteers or to show to students prior to testing
- Fact sheets, diagrams and links to Web sites about scoliosis
- Ways to avoid "schooliosis" and misidentification of scoliosis leading to unnecessary physician referrals
- Ways to enlist parents, nursing/medical students or volunteers to assist in screenings
- Sample release forms and parent communications
- Sample promotional materials for use within your school or community
- Ideas on alternatives to actual in-school screenings
Request a Spine Check Scoliosis Screening Kit:
* Indicates a required field.
A number of helpful online resources may help you talk with your students about scoliosis.
Many family-friendly sites, like iscoliosis.com, approach the condition in a manner students understand, even featuring stories from students like yours.
Additionally, the Scoliosis Research Society provides some of the latest research on scoliosis treatment.
We encourage you to look through these sites to help you better understand the condition, the treatments and the physical and emotional challenges of living with scoliosis.
- Check out some frequently asked questions about scoliosis
- Do your students ask what they should wear over their scoliosis brace? We've got the answers!
- Read scoliosis patient stories
- Learn exercises for scoliosis
- Find a local surgeon who treats scoliosis
- Learn more about the Scoliosis Research Society